Other languages: Bahasa Indonesia, Deutsch, English,Esperanto, Tiếng Việt, español, français, ikirundi, italiano, polski, čeština, русский, українська, עברית, العربية, فارسی, বাংলা, 中文, 日本語, 粵語, ꯃꯤꯇꯩ ꯂꯣꯟ
- The URLs in “prev” links on page history now contain
diff=prev&oldid=[revision ID]in place of
diff=[revision ID]&oldid=[revision ID]. This is to fix a problem with links pointing to incorrect diffs when history was filtered by a tag. Some user scripts may break as a result of this change. 
Changes later this week
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 17 January. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 18 January. It will be on all wikis from 19 January (calendar).
- Some changes to the appearance of talk pages have only been available on
User talk:namespaces. These will be extended to other talk namespaces, such as
Meta talk:. They will continue to be unavailable in non-talk namespaces, including
Meta:pages (e.g., at the Village Pump). You can change your preferences (beta feature). 
- On Wikisources, when an image is zoomed or panned in the Page: namespace, the same zoom and pan settings will be remembered for all Page: namespace pages that are linked to a particular Index: namespace page. 
- The Vector 2022 skin will become the default for the English Wikipedia desktop users. The change will take place on January 18 at 15:00 UTC. Learn more.
- The 2023 edition of the Community Wishlist Survey, which invites contributors to make technical proposals and vote for tools and improvements, starts next week on 23 January 2023 at 18:00 UTC. You can start drafting your proposals in the CWS sandbox.
Can you help us translate this article?
In order for this article to reach as many people as possible we would like your help. Can you translate this article to get the message out?Start translation