Every Monday, the #Wikimedia Localisation team has a window of opportunity to roll out new and improved functionality. This release is at the end of an Agile sprint and it reflects the stories that our developers committed to develop at the start of the sprint. Multiple stories means that what is delivered can and does cover different functionalities; today is not different;
- It features the launch of WebFonts for selected Indic languages and projects
- All Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, and Telegu wikis
- The Malayalam and Tamil wikis will not be supported by WebFonts for now
- Narayam has several new keyboard methods more mappings, improved UI, support for modern and monobook skins
- Bug 31330 changes the preference to Babel extension information
- this improves the coexistence of Babel information in templates and the extension
- Cropping of text issues in the headers of many Indic languages finds a solution
We are eager to learn about any issues on our IRC channel. Bugs are best reported at Bugzilla.
Internationalization / Localization outreach consultant
Can you help us translate this article?
In order for this article to reach as many people as possible we would like your help. Can you translate this article to get the message out?Start translation