Changes later this week
- You will be able to read but not to edit Wikidata for up to 30 minutes on 10 September at 05:00 (UTC). 
- When you log in, the software checks your password to see if it follows the Password policy. From this week, it will also complain if you are a “privileged user” and your password is too short. If your password is not strong enough, please consider to change your password for a stronger password. 
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 10 September. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 11 September. It will be on all wikis from 12 September (calendar).
- You can join the technical advice meeting on IRC. During the meeting, volunteer developers can ask for advice. The meeting will be on 11 September at 15:00 (UTC). See how to join.
- Soon, the AbuseFilter will recognize new syntax errors. Specifically, it will recognize errors about empty operands. You can see a list of examples in phab:T156096. Any active filter with such an error will stop working; hence, please take a look at the list of affected filters, and fix the ones that you can fix. Note that there is also an ongoing RFC on meta-wiki about the creation of a new abusefilter-manager global group.
Can you help us translate this article?
In order for this article to reach as many people as possible we would like your help. Can you translate this article to get the message out?Start translation