Other languages:Deutsch • English • Esperanto • español • français • italiano • lietuvių • polski • português do Brasil • suomi • svenska • čeština • русский • українська • עברית • العربية • ไทย • 中文 • 日本語 • 한국어
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- You can now use the
articletopicsearch word on all Wikipedias. It searches articles by topic. 
- You can see wiki tools in the new Tools Gallery. 
- You can see edits from the Wikimedia Cloud Services in a new dashboard.
- When you use filters on a history page you sometimes don’t see any edits. There is a text explaining this now. Before it was just empty. 
- There is a new Wikimedia Technical Blog. 
- There was a problem with the Wikidata database last week. Some wikis went down for twenty minutes. Wikidata and other projects showed error messages. Interwiki links were not shown, some tools did not work and other problems. Some of this was fixed quickly. The developers are working on fixing the rest. 
Changes later this week
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 14 April. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 15 April. It will be on all wikis from 16 April (calendar).
- Some graphs have not worked on mobile. This will soon be fixed. 
- The article tab on talk pages of redirects links to the target of the redirect. It could link to the redirect page itself instead. You can leave feedback on this.
- For pages using syntax highlighting, the use of the deprecated
<source>tag, as well as the use of the deprecated
encloseparameter, will add tracking categories.
Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.
Can you help us translate this article?
In order for this article to reach as many people as possible we would like your help. Can you translate this article to get the message out?Start translation