Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available:
Bahasa Indonesia • Deutsch • Hausa • Tiếng Việt • español • français • italiano • magyar • norsk bokmål • português • português do Brasil • slovenčina • suomi • svenska • čeština • русский • українська • עברית • اردو • العربية • کوردی • हिन्दी • বাংলা • 中文 • 日本語
- 45 new Wikipedias now have access to the Growth features. 
- A majority of Wikipedias now have access to the Growth features. The Growth team has published an FAQ page about the features. This translatable FAQ covers the description of the features, how to use them, how to change the configuration, and more.
- All wikis will be read-only for a few minutes on 14 September. This is planned at 14:00 UTC. 
Changes later this week
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 14 September. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 15 September. It will be on all wikis from 16 September (calendar).
- Starting this week, Wikipedia in Italian will receive weekly software updates on Wednesdays. It used to receive the updates on Thursdays. Due to this change, bugs will be noticed and fixed sooner. 
- You can add language links in the sidebar in the new Vector skin again. You do this by connecting the page to a Wikidata item. The new Vector skin has moved the language links but the new language selector cannot add language links yet. 
- The syntax highlight tool marks up code with different colours. It now can highlight 23 new code languages. Additionally,
golangcan now be used as an alias for the Go programming language, and a special
outputmode has been added to show a program’s output. 
Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe on wiki.
Can you help us translate this article?
In order for this article to reach as many people as possible we would like your help. Can you translate this article to get the message out?Start translation