The Wikimania 2022 Core Organizing Team wants to work with you! Sign up to join us at the Wikimania Festival (August 11-14) to support in one of the following roles:
- Trust and Safety: remind people of the Friendly Space Policy and serve as a resource for anyone needing support
- Session Q&A Facilitators: Relay audience questions to the speakers and help speakers manage their question queue
- Tent Managers: Help manage spaces like the Hackathon, Community Village and more
- Help Desk: Staff the central area for attendees to go if they have any questions about programming, platform, languages and more
- Newcomer Host: Run activities and host sessions that welcome first-time Wikimania attendees – be a buddy to a newcomer
- Newcomer Desk: Answer any questions and provide support to first-time Wikimania attendees
We will provide training for all volunteers – no prior experience is necessary. The hours will be flexible and based on your availability, but we do prefer that volunteers support at least six hours during the event. Please note that the working language of the Wikimania organizers is English.
Don’t see the area you’d like to support in? Feel free to add it to the survey.
We look forward to celebrating with you at this year’s Wikimania Festival!