Other languages: Bahasa Indonesia, Deutsch, English,Tiếng Việt, español, français, italiano, polski, suomi, svenska, čeština, українська, עברית, العربية, हिन्दी, বাংলা, 日本語, 粵語
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- You can use tags to filter edits in the recent changes feed or on your watchlist. You can now use tags to filter out edits you don’t want to see. Previously you could only use tags to focus on the edits with those tags. 
- Special:WhatLinksHere shows all pages that link to a specific page. There is now a prototype for how to sort those pages alphabetically. You can see the discussion in the Phabricator ticket.
- You can now use the thanks function on your watchlist and the user contribution page. 
- A wiki page can be moved to give it a new name. You can now get a dropdown menu with common reasons when you move a page. This is so you don’t have to write the explanation every time. 
- Matrix is a chat tool. You can now use
matrix:to create Matrix links on wiki pages. 
- You can filter out translations when you look at the recent changes on multilingual wikis. This didn’t hide translation pages. You can now also hide subpages which are translation pages. 
Changes later this week
- Realtime preview for wikitext is a tool which lets editors preview the page when they edit wikitext. It will be enabled for all users of the 2010 wikitext editor. You will find it in the editor toolbar.
- Some wikis will be in read-only for a few minutes because of a switch of their main database. It will be performed on 10 January at 07:00 UTC (targeted wikis) and on 12 January at 07:00 UTC (targeted wikis).
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 10 January. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 11 January. It will be on all wikis from 12 January (calendar).
Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.
Can you help us translate this article?
In order for this article to reach as many people as possible we would like your help. Can you translate this article to get the message out?Start translation