Dear WLE community! Something exciting is coming!🥳
The 11th edition of the Wiki Loves Earth 2023 photo contest is on its way!
🌳What is it?
Wiki Loves Earth is an annual international photographic competition. Participants take pictures of local natural heritage in their countries and upload them to Wikimedia Commons, a sister project of Wikipedia. For all participating countries there are separate competitions organized by local teams.
For more information follow our page!
This year WLE will take place between 1st May and 31st July. We have a flexible approach regarding local dates, and local organizers decide when exactly to hold their contest within the international timeframe.
🌍How you can join a contest this year as an organizer?
For that you need:
- Team of volunteers with clear roles and timelines;
- Defining eligible natural sites (must be officially protected);
- Preparing a landing page for the local contest;
- Promotion for the contest in social networks;
- Jury to evaluate the photos (select top-15 local winners for an international contest);
- Awards for your winners.
Find out more about the process in our detailed guidelines for the local teams.
And if you want to upload your photos and become a participant, check out all the details in our rules.
Follow our channels for local organizers to be first updated about the main news:
- Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wlecommunity/
- Telegram chat: @WLE organizers 2022
- A mailing list for local organizers: email@example.com
Also, subscribe on our social media channels:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wikilovesearth/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/interwle
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/WikiLovesEarth
- Website: https://wikilovesearth.org/
If you have any questions, please contact the international team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always happy to answer your questions!
Take time for the preparation and stay tuned for Wiki Loves Earth 2023!
*Find Spanish and Arabic translations here*
Can you help us translate this article?
In order for this article to reach as many people as possible we would like your help. Can you translate this article to get the message out?Start translation