Other languages: Bahasa Indonesia, Deutsch, English, Türkçe, español, français, italiano, polski, suomi, svenska, čeština, русский, українська, עברית, العربية, हिन्दी, ಕನ್ನಡ, 中文, 日本語, 粵語, ꯃꯤꯇꯩ ꯂꯣꯟ, 한국어
- The system for automatically creating categories for the Babel extension has had several important changes and fixes. One of them allows you to insert templates for automatic category descriptions on creation, allowing you to categorize the new categories. 
Changes later this week
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 4 April. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 5 April. It will be on all wikis from 6 April (calendar).
- The deprecated
on()instead. Examples can be found in the migration guide. 
- Some of the links in Special:SpecialPages will be re-arranged. There will be a clearer separation between links that relate to all users, and links related to your own user account. 
- You will be able to hide the Reply button in archived discussion pages with a new
__ARCHIVEDTALK__magic word. There will also be a new
.mw-archivedtalkCSS class for hiding the Reply button in individual sections on a page. 
- The Vega software that creates data visualizations in pages, such as graphs, will be upgraded to the newest version in the future. Graphs that still use the very old version 1.5 syntax may stop working properly. Most existing uses have been found and updated, but you can help to check, and to update any local documentation. Examples of how to find and fix these graphs are available.
Can you help us translate this article?
In order for this article to reach as many people as possible we would like your help. Can you translate this article to get the message out?Start translation