In this article, I introduce ESEAP Conference 2024 Community Engagement Survey, which Wikimedia Community User Group Malaysia conducted. You can also see it on MetaWiki [[Talk:ESEAP Conference 2024]]. If you are interested in the survey, please answer it by September 1, 2023 through Google Form!
The purpose of this survey is to help conference organisers plan the ESEAP Conference 2024 in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia for the community.
Your responses will help organisers understand what level of demand there is for the event (how many people in your community think it is important that the event happens) and begin to get consensus on what topics are important to this community.
Do share this to your community and fill it out before 09:00 UTC, 1 September 2023.
For any enquiries contact email@example.com.
1. Are there important topics that your community needs to discuss in person?
2. Are there projects that your community needs to work on in-person? For each project you name, please share tasks that are difficult to do online which should be done in-person. *Please limit your response to the three topics, listed in order of importance (1=most important).
3. What is the most important goal, problem, or obstacle you think this community should focus on in the next 12 months?
4. Why is this goal, problem or obstacle most important?
5. What does your community need to do at an in-person gathering to achieve that goal?
6. Are there skills that you think are important for you or your community to learn that would help you achieve this goal? If yes, please limit your response to three skills, listed in order of importance (1=most important).
7. What social activities or sessions do you think are important to include at in-person events? Select the two types of activities that are most important to you.
- Project presentations or panel discussions
- Thematic or (similar) meetups
- Editathons, group tours or social events
8. How would you prioritise the time we spend together at the conference? *You may rank a maximum of two choices as ‘high priority’.
|Not important||Low priority||Medium priority||High priority|
|Strategic conversations: discussing issues affecting your community that need to be resolved|
|Working groups: working on projects that are difficult to plan online|
|Capacity building: learning skills that will help your community achieve its goals|
|Community building: meeting people, learning about new projects, sharing your talents, and having fun|
9. Are there other in-person activities are important for community building?
If you want to know more about ESEAP Conference 2024, see MetaWiki [[ESEAP Conference 2024]].
Can you help us translate this article?
In order for this article to reach as many people as possible we would like your help. Can you translate this article to get the message out?Start translation